Indian Territory Treasure Hunters Club logo
Indian Territory Treasure Hunters Club
Tulsa, Oklahoma

ITTHC Forum

“The TULSA”

Had posted this information on the old ITTHC Message Forum many years ago, but thought those that had not seen it might like to see it.

Below is probably one of the few known radiator emblems from one of “The TULSA” automobiles. ITTHC member the late Jim Simmons found several on a cleared house lot in the housing additions to the West of N. Utica Avenue, which is also directly West of the last location of the Tulsa Auto Manufacturing Company’s factory. Jim found either 3 or 4 of the emblems on the lot, do not remember exactly, but this was the best example. A large number of the Tulsa Auto Manufacturing Company’s employees lived in thexe additions West of the factory including the Auto Heights, Capital Hill, Crutchfield, & Ingram Lewis additions.

And here is an image of an advertisement from the January 1920 issue of “The Oklahoma Farmer - Stockman” for “The TULSA” automobile. Where circled you can see that the shape of the radiator emblem was carried throught to the rear window of the soft top.